Insider’s Picks: Rachel Singer-Clark
Celebrity Makeup Artist, Rachel Singer-Clark (pictured top right) was in town recently to demonstrate the stunning spring looks she created with Elizabeth Arden’s new Rose Aurora collection. We sat down with Rachel to talk super-products, skincare and celebrity clients.
1. Tell me more about the new Rose Aurora collection from Elizabeth Arden? The summer collection is Beautifully packaged in a rose gold shade and includes two great bronzers—one dark, one light. The Rose Illumination highlighter, the must have summer item and the gorgeous and super wearable Rose Aurora lipstick is a cult favourite among Arden fans!
2. Could you explain the look you've created using the new products? I’ve created three different inspiring looks around the Rose Aurora range, and also using some key Arden products which make each look slightly different. The looks are minimal, confidant and daring—so there’s a look for everyone. Each product from the range can be tailored to suit the individual style and to enhance natural features.
3. What is your favourite product from Elizabeth Arden and why? There are so many kit essentials that I have from Elizabeth Arden. I feel utterly lost without my Smokey Eye Pencils in all shades. Nothing compares to their pigment, super soft texture and broad range of colours. And of course, the ultimate beauty product Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant which is truly every girls handbag must-have.
4. Could you tell me more about the state of the art Elizabeth Arden skin scanning technology? The Skin Scanner analyzes your skin on five important levels: moisture, skin texture, radiance and brightness, pigmentation and elasticity. An instant read-out reveals problems which can’t be seen by the naked eye – from sun damage and dehydration to enlarged pores and dullness. This allows Elizabeth Arden’s skincare experts to create a bespoke skincare regime to ensure your skin is the best it can be.
5. What is your number one skincare tip? My number one skincare tip is to make sure you follow a daily skincare regime, cleanse and drink lots of water. Also the Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Capsules are amazing for a skin boost—they’re like singularly wrapped face masks which are great for travelling. They’re so easy to pop on and use with no mess or fuss and give dramatically great results—they are my summer essential.
6. You've worked on so many famous faces, who's been your favourite? I love working with Olivia Palermo. Her vision for make-up changes depending on the mood of what she’s wearing and the occasion. She loves a simple eye lined and smudged with definition and always has perfect skin. Her look has to be quick and fun without too much fuss on skin base.
7. Finally, what are your top make-up tips?
- When using the Pure Finish Highlighter, start with the temples and sweep across the top of cheekbones in a ‘c’ shape. This makes eyes and cheeks stand out
- Apply the iconic Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant to make lips super smooth before applying the Ceramide Ultra Lipsticks
- Preparing the skin is essential for a Spring Summer look. Massaging in a moisturizer like the Prevage Day Intensive Anti-aging Moisture Cream SPF30 prior to applying makeup will mean skin is luminous and plumped up, meaning less base is needed
- A tinted moisturizer like the Pure Finish Mineral Tinted Moisturizer is perfect for this time of year as its light formulation which glides on easily, covering imperfections without giving a heavy coverage
- Always start with the eyes when applying makeup as it makes it easy to clean up any fall below the eyes and helps avoid harming your base
Availability: Elizabeth Arden Rose Aurora is available at Arnotts
Pure Finish Bronze Powder (limited edition) in Soft Radiance, Warm Radiance and Deep Radiance £25.00 / €33.00 Pure Finish Highlighter in Rose Illumination (limited edition) £23.00 / €30.50 Ceramide Ultra Lipstick in Rose Aurora (limited edition) £19.00 / €25.00
latest on msn lifestyle